Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just another day in paradise...

Today was another great day in Edgerton. I spent the day doing pretty much whatever I wanted to do and nothing I didn't... that's pretty cool. We've been using this time to hang with our families. Today I washed a motorcycle, and went for a good run, but otherwise we're just hanging out with family and friends.

Tonight, Bambi invited her whole family down to Rock River Park in town for a picnic. Then we played wiffle ball which was way fun... except Bambi's team beat my team in part because Bambi caught a high fly ball that I hit, even after she bobbled it like 6 times!! We ended the night by sitting by a campfire. Trevor and I stayed out until 1am again just sitting by the fire and shooting the bull. I'm sure he'll get more sleep after I leave, but for now we're sure enjoying the chance to spend time with them all.

Thanks to everyone who has emailed us so far. We enjoy hearing updates from you as to how you are all doing! Mike and Tara, I'll say hi to everyone here on Sagratti Street. :) I have to say, I'm missing our friends in Pella a lot but still don't regret the decision. Today Bambi spent the afternoon COOKING and getting ready for the picnic!! It was great. Not that she has to cook of course - you all know our affinity for eating out. The great part was that she got the opportunity to plan a picnic outing for the family and she actually got to take the time to make the arrangements and put it all together. I think she really enjoyed herself. I can already see that this change has been very good for her. She's starting to become the Bambi that I used to know. I'll bring her back to Pella so that you all can meet her!!

Hey Eric, I just saw an ad for Ice Road Truckers!! I'll have to start watching it now. I hope my Landshark brethren are still training. I had a good run here today but I have to say it was a little disappointing when I got done and nobody was waiting at the top of the hill to cheer me to the end!! Still hoping to catch a 70.3 in Washington in September. Tomorrow, we plan to go see the Mellema family so that should be a great day!

We hope that all of you reading this are doing well and keep those e-mails coming!! I'll try to respond to them all as soon as I can.

No comments: